Saturday, February 23, 2013

Most are good drivers

Though there may seem to be many cyclist-hater drivers when we read comments on news about cyclists on roads in the cyberspace, the fact that many are still alive riding on the roads suggest otherwise. Recently I am capturing rear video footage during my rides and I do notice many good, nice, and patient drivers around. 

Thus, I think those who hate cyclists on roads are only the minority among all drivers. And based on the common complaints, I further speculate that these are those who find overtaking a challenge, < 3 s delay (which is negligible once meet a red light) by cyclists unbearable, find driving expensive or not affordable but feel that by asking cyclists pay will ease their burden somehow, or are just plain cyclophobia.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails