Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Misleading name..

I have been wondering why it is called Action For AIDS. To me, AIDS isn't a nice or good thing, why "Action For" it? Oh, yesterday after reading the president's article in the TodayOnline, voices section (19 June 2007), I think I know why now.

It seems to me the main interest of this organisation is for the welfare of AIDS patients. However, its name gives me the idea that its interests are on AIDS.

I feel there are at least 2 areas of concern here. One is the more humanistic care and concern for people who have got the HIV, while the other is the outright fight against the virus and its spread. The former is more subjective as to how should HIV infected people be taken care of, while the latter is more obvious that everyone should like to have HIV disappear, regardless its possibility.

By the way, I think his article lacks substance and supporting evidence, and I seriously question what has "the urgent repeal of Sections 377 and 377A of the Penal Code that criminalise homosexual behaviour" gotten to do with the issue of his article?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails