Friday, June 8, 2007

suitable words

Purpose of communication is for the listener to understand the speaker. Thus, the language and words used should be selected with reference to the listener. However, I notice there are people whose purpose of communication is to express themselves. In this case, the media/language/words used were suitable to the speaker, and usually listeners do not understand.

When I am a listener in such situation, I won't be too anxious to know what's the message, because that's not the purpose of the speaker to speak in the first place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping by at my blog! *Hugz* Communication? Facsinating topic isn't? I graduated from honours degree in mass communication and best topic of all is COMMUNICATION! Verbal and non-verbal, listening and hearing, etc.

Nice! I love it! And very nice blog! *wink*

Thanks for dropping by again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails