Thursday, January 31, 2008

Forgiveness

After reading a thought for today message (see below), I thought: Hmmm... between one who is only 10% responsible for a problem, and another who is 90% responsible, I think the latter need forgiveness more.

I think to forgive someone is regardless of the percentage of responsibility he/she is to be blamed for, which is again regardless of ... whether this percentage is a fact or is what we imagine of.

There are two parts, one is forgiving, and the other is redemption. Forgiving does not erase the need for redemption, while the redemption need not be demanded by the forgiver.

I think God is right, He is in a very unfair situation, but He forgives freely.

---
From www.ThoughtForToday.org.uk: "Why is it hard to forgive others? Usually because we believe that they are 90% to blame for the problem, that I am not as bad as they are. So I start to carry the load of other people's actions. If my ego is too hurt, I will have the sense of correction, of justice: 'I know I am right', 'That is not fair'. But if I start to forgive from the heart, sincerely, then this kind of feeling and attitude begins to dissolve. I remain humble and this forgiveness will bring me closer to others. Then I do not carry regrets or anger, I just let go and remain light."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails